- A Queensland man has been charged with indecent assault at Bondi Beach
- Police were called to a licence venue at 10.50pm May 5 over the alleged incident
- The 30-year-old man was arrested on May 6 at Waverley Police Station
An NRL football star has been charged with indecent assault over an alleged incident at a licenced venue in Bondi.
According to NRL.com a spokesperson confirmed that Queensland Cowboys Scott Bolton was charged over the incident.
Officers from the Eastern Suburbs Police Area Command were called to a licenced premises on Campbell Parade at 10.50pm on May 5.
Scott Bolton (pictured), 30, has been charged with indecent assault over an alleged incident at a Bondi venue
A female at the venue on Bondi’s main strip reported to police that she had been indecently assaulted.
According to a police statement: ‘Officers from Eastern Suburbs Police Area Command initiated an investigation and arrested a 30-year-old man about 9.20am (Sunday 6 May 2018), at Waverley Police Station.
‘The man, who is from Queensland, has been charged with assault with an act of indecency.’
The man will appear in Waverley Local Court on June 19 after being granted conditional bail.
NRL.com said the club would be making a statement on this on Sunday night.
A police statement said: ‘The man, who is from Queensland, has been charged with assault with an act of indecency’ (Pictured: Bondi Beach stock image)
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.